Interoute Said to Hire Advisers to Explore $2 Billion Sale

(Bloomberg) — Interoute Communications Ltd, a pan-European fiber carrier and cloud-services operator controlled by the Sandoz Family Foundation, has hired financial advisers to evaluate a sale, according to people with knowledge of the matter.

Interoute is working with Credit Suisse and Evercore Inc. to explore a deal dubbed “Project Nitro,” said the people, asking not to be identified because the talks are private. The London-based company could be valued in a range of seven to 10 times earnings before interest, tax, depreciation and amortization, or as much as 1.65 billion euros ($1.95 billion), the people said.

The company owns and operates one of the largest independent European grids with 72,400 fiber-route kilometers spanning 29 countries, according to a document viewed by Bloomberg News.


Representatives for Interoute, Credit Suisse and Evercore declined to comment.

Interoute, whose clients include BT Group Plc, Vodafone Group Plc and AT&T Inc., reported 2016 revenue of 727 million euros and Ebitda of 147 million euros. The company had Ebitda of 165 million euros for the 12 months ending in the second quarter.

The Sandoz Family Foundation owns 70 percent of Interoute, while Aleph Capital and Crestview Partners together own 30 percent. In 2015 Interoute completed the acquisition of U.K. phone carrier Easynet Ltd, its largest purchase to date, adding revenue of about 240 million euros.

Gabourey Sidibe Reveals The Racism She Faced As A Phone Sex Operator

Gabourey Sidibe was once a phone sex operator ― and along with that job came a lot of blatant racism.

The “Empire” actress appeared on “The Daily Show” last week to promote her new book This Is Just My Face: Try Not to Stare. In the book, she talks about the discrimination she faced on the job during her early 20s. Trevor Noah asked her about the company telling her to refrain from sounding “black,” despite the fact that 95 percent of the women working there were black.

“I make the joke that you think you’re calling Megan Fox but you’re calling Precious instead,” she said during the May 16 interview. “Because everyone looked like me but … we did not hire people, women who could not make their voices sound white because the average caller is a white man who watches TV all day and he wants to call the girl that he sees on TV who happens to be a white woman.”

Sidibe also said that there were lines that customers could call for Latina, Asian or black women, and the workers would just change their voices. She admitted that she was the worst when it came to the “black girl calls.”

“Because they were racist,” she explained. “This is my voice … and the guys would call and they want me to sound blacker than my voice is. They want me to cut my words in half. They want me to say ‘ain’t.’”

She said customers would tell her that she didn’t sound black. When she told them that she was, in fact, black, they would “test” her by asking, for example, how she felt about watermelon.

The actress said she would reply defiantly and end up in trouble whenever that happened. Despite the ugliness she faced as a phone sex operator, she told WNYC that pretending to be other people ultimately helped her become a better performer. While she was working there, she auditioned for and got her breakout role in “Precious.”

“I felt like I could be really, really powerful, as long as you could not see me. Which is a really interesting thing to come from when you become an actress,” she said. “To go from, you know, this brunette with a heart-shaped butt and, you know, really perky titties. To go from that to being the face of, you know, dark skin, black girl, from the hood, as Precious, who is, you know, a sexual abuse survivor. I think that was heavier than I allowed myself to know it was at the time.”

Watch the full “Daily Show” clip above.

Man Whose Hand Was Sewed Into Stomach Is On The Road To Recovery

Carlos Mariotti’s life changed forever in March 2016. 

The machine operator in São Ludgero, Brazil, suffered a horrific accident to his left hand when it was trapped in a machine used to make plastic tableware.

The skin of the hand was torn off and the bones and tendons were exposed, according to Barcroft TV.

Some doctors who looked at Mariotti thought amputation was the only possibility, but Dr. Boris Brandao, an orthopedic and traumatology doctor, had another solution: Insert the damaged hand into the patient’s belly to protect it from infections until skin graft operations could be done.

Barcroft

“In order to keep the wounded hand alive, we opened the abdomen, took off the skin and put it inside the cavity to protect it,” Brandao said at the time, according to the Independent. “The patient’s hand must stay in the pocket for about 42 days to ensure it develops new tissue and tendon material which is capable of receiving a replanted skin graft.” 

WARNING: The video below shows Mariotti’s injury and recovery in very graphic detail.

Mariotti admits having it his in his stomach took some getting used to.

“It was a really weird sensation because I could feel my fingers wiggling inside my body,” Mariotti told Barcroft. “When I moved them around my tummy protruded as I prodded about.”

When the hand was taken out 42 days later, doctors grafted skin from his left thigh on it, making it look like a fleshy boxing glove. He has adapted to it and is able to hold his phone and put toothpaste on his toothbrush.

He hopes to have additional surgery to separate four of his fingers into two separate sections, but he has to raise a substantial amount of money and said his employer isn’t helping.